Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Begin With A Testimony

But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. Romans 6:17-18


When I was 8 years old, I made a profession of faith and was baptized in the Church of Christ church. I had grown up in both the Church of Christ and Baptist denominations, being fed the Word and being told about the Messiah. Although I could repeat the Gospel of Christ to anyone who inquired, my heart was rotten and full of selfish pride. I had felt no need to repentant of my sin, because I clung to the justification of my professed prayer. Without realizing, I was slaved to moralism and traditions. If I ever searched the Scriptures, it was for personal gain and moral justification to rid myself of the guilt I felt over my selfish ways. My heart was wicked, and I loved my sin.
During the summer of 2009 when I was 17, I found myself pursuing the lusts of my flesh, in such evidently sinful ways, that I could no longer justify myself. My heart began to break for what I knew I was enslaved to. I was trapped in sin. This was the first time I ever truly realized that I was in desperate need of a Savior. I had been taught many things about the Lord growing up, but never had I searched the Scriptures with a genuine desire to know who Christ truly was; what the reality of the Cross truly meant for me. 
His Gospel penetrated my heart that summer, turning me away from the pursuit of my sins. And by His merciful grace, turned my affections toward Himself, the Lamb who was slain, worthy to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing. He has given me a particular love for His Truth and a desire to share the powerful Gospel of Christ. By His grace, I now love and pursue His ways and His holiness, for His name’s sake and His glory.

I have died. "For anyone who has died has been set free from sin." Romans 6:7
And am now alive to God in Christ Jesus. Romans 6:11
My salvation is a miracle, completed only by the sustaining grace of my precious Lord. I know now that I have been set free from sin, so that I might become a slave of His righteousness.




Alles Liebe,
Carol 

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post, dear Carol--it brought tears to my eyes. I am praying that the Lord will continue to use you and mold you and overflow you as you walk with Him. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete